Skip to main content

Guest Blogger-Arcadian Lighting on Velvet

Hi, all! I'm Mari, a writer for Arcadian Lighting, a terrific online place to find beautiful lighting fixtures of all sorts. I'm so excited to be here visiting Lintels and Lallies today, with a guest post about one of my decorating obsessions—colorful velvet. For me, there is nothing more inspiring than velvet—unless perhaps it's velvet on a chair (my first love is chairs) like the irresistible ones in the dining room below. It seems to me velvets are showing up more and more in today's interiors no matter their style. This sumptuous fabric looks as gorgeous in contemporary spaces as it does in ornate classic rooms. Here are some of my favorites. Please enjoy!
Here, velvet floor cushions in a deep golden hue are a beautiful contrast to the long silvery tufted sofa. Lush velvets are a lovely choice for this elegant living space.
Magenta velvet covers a comfortable chaise in this eclectic bedroom. Quirky light fixtures always catch my eye and I've fallen for this spindly little floor lamp
This tall tufted headboard is lovely in purple velvet. Colorful peacocks looks gorgeous against the headboard.
Rosy velvet looks stunning on an antique chaise in this traditional room. I love the wood trim on the lounge and the brass lamp and wall sconce.
Deep teal velvet creates multiple points of interest in a modern living room. How lovely are those massive brilliant yellow table lamps?
It is no surprise that jewel tone velvets look gorgeous in glam interiors. Delicate French garden-inspired chairs upholstered in deep turquoise velvet surround a Hollywood Regency style table in this beautiful dining room.
Here, a gold vintage velvet sofa (and perhaps a chaise seen in the lower right corner) combines beauty and a look of comfort. The tall metal lamps offer a big style statement behind the sofa.
Is shabby chic or vintage your style? This colorful space shows just how gorgeous velvet looks in a shabby space. Isn't that green embossed velvet stunning? What do you think of Velvet inspired décor? Let us know in the comments! And be sure to stop by Arcadian Lighting for a brilliant wall sconce or pendant light to brighten your home!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Story-telling Through Art & Interiors

(If you've already read this post, scroll down to the bottom for the updated images!) One of the things that make my design process unique is the way I use art.   Many people think of art as an afterthought, or just an accessory.     When I can, I try to use it as inspiration to build a room from.    That is exactly what I did when designing my kitchen.   About 12 years ago, I purchased my first pieces of art, which included these two great vintage magazine covers.   I love their personality, history, and humor.   My goal was to evoke that *feeling* in our kitchen.   I also used a literal translation, by mimicking the colors in the art.   You’ll see the same colors in my barstool fabric, my cabinets, and even the cream background of the art is what I used in selecting my countertops. Here are the vintage magazine covers I used.   Being a picky eater growing up, I could totally relate to wanting to feed the dog under the table…and anyone who knows me knows that while

My Visit to Magnolia Market - Silos

I've been busy--it's been difficult to make time for blogging!  However, my visit to Magnolia Market I feel, is *blog-worthy*.  ðŸ˜† So I'm making time to write  at 10:00pm .  Right off, let me answer the top two questions everyone's been asking.  Then, I'll expand into the nitty gritty of my visit. 1. Did I meet Chip & JoAnna Gaines?  No.  I tried to check their appearance schedule and even went as far as to try to schedule a meeting with their public relations team member...but they were busy the week I was there. 2. Is it worth traveling to see?  My answer is to, wait.  Is it worth it?  Yes, but there's still work to be done, and if you're traveling as far as I did...you might want to go when it's more complete.  It was still great, but I think there's reasons to wait. If you are planning a trip in the near future regardless of my "wait" comment--I recommend you go in October 6-8th when they are having their Johnnyswim c

Sometimes a Designer has to ask for HELP

Whew, it's been awhile since my last entry; I've been a busy bee! I've had renovation after renovation nonstop!  Last year we completed a church that was new construction, a master bath renovation, a basement, countless color & furniture consultations, and a kitchen and sunroom renovation...I'm sure I'm missing stuff...it was a very busy year for L&L!  Then, my husband shocked us all by ending the year with open-heart surgery!  Literally right after returning from Northwestern (hospital) we learned we are expecting BABY #3! So, here I am, my hubby's doing great, we've been back to work for several months and my wardrobe is getting more, um, "difficult".  I decided to treat this "season" with a full closet overhaul.  I've started packing away things I know will take awhile to fit back into...and my closet is somewhat empty! I'm so busy with work these days, and I HATE shopping for maternity clothes.  I pulled out my ma